Welcome To My World

Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson

Life's Best Recipe for Success

LIVE, LAUGH AND LOVE - IT'S THE BEST WAY TO ENJOY THE RIDE

Monday, February 16, 2009

Running amuck

This has been a totally disjointed day. I couldn't focus on anything. I started to go to the lapidary shop and on the way over there, changed my mind and went to the hardware store. I was looking for denatured alcohol and Boric Acid. When I took my last metal smithing class the instructor insisted we use this on sterling to lessen the chances of severe fire scale. Do you know how hard it is to find these items? I went to three stores and finally at the CVS Drugstore I found out that it is kept behind the counter at the pharmacy. I had to sign my life away to purchase it. The denatured alcohol was there because evidently alchoholics purchase it to drink - yowzee!!! At any rate, an hour later I was on my way home. I've been playing with a pendant and getting the bezel all soldered and ready to mount onto the base. In between, of course, I had to stop and fix supper. That is on the stove as I type so I'll be going now to check on it and will return to my studio later to work on the pendant. I really want to do a ring so maybe I will start that tomorrow. Sure wish I lived next door to Lisa of Lisa's Lovelies so I could play like a fly on her wall and see how she turns out so many beautiful things each day. I guess after more practice I will be faster too. Until then, cheers and tell someone near and dear that you love them. Life is too short not to. Hugs, Sally

3 comments:

  1. Have fun creating!
    Now days everything is behind the counter because of drug addicts and alcoholics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll get faster soon! Firescale is the enemy!!! Looking forward to seeing your rings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tammy and Carolyn. You guys are my inspiration for sure. Have a great week. P.S. Thanks for commenting on my blog - At least I know someone reads it - lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you are very important to me