Welcome To My World

Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson

Life's Best Recipe for Success

LIVE, LAUGH AND LOVE - IT'S THE BEST WAY TO ENJOY THE RIDE

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I can't believe it has been 6 months

I know, I know - it has been forever since I last posted.  I don't know where time goes.  I have been so busy reading, learning and creating that I have neglected you.  I am so sorry and I will really try to do better.

I am leaving on a trip to Santa Fe, NM, tomorrow and will return on 8/27.  I am going for two reasons.  First, to visit my brother and sister-in-law and next , to check out Rio Grande Tools and purchase some metal:O)  When I arrive in Santa Fe on Wednesday, I will just relax for the evening.  On Thursday, my sister-in-law, Sandy, and I will go visit the Georgia O'Keefe Museum and look up my good friend, Mr. Armando Pena.  I absolutely love his art and have several of his works displayed in my home.  He is such a genuine person and always willing to teach - that is his forte!!  I got to know him in Tubac when he was the signature artist several years ago.  I look forward to his return each year. 

I have been doing quite a bit of work in copper lately, mostly etching.  I love it.  I am able to incorporate many metals and combine them in very artistic ways. 

I have been a jewelry designer for about 10 years.  I am self taught for the most part, however, I have studied under metal/wire artists Tracey Stanley, Kim St. Jean and Sharilyn Miller.  I love the way each of them manipulates their metal and accessorize their pieces!

I have a passion for jewelry, and creating beautiful pieces is truly an addiction with me.  I create one of a kind pieces that can be handed down to the next generation as they are built with love and much attention to quality and detail.  They are definately works of love from my heart and soul to yours.

I specialize in fine and sterling silver as well as copper and brass metals.  I would describe my style as all over the map, but I gravitate toward southwestern designs using multiple connected elements.  I enjoy working with stone, pearls, leather, copper, silver and often combine them all into my pieces.

I am always reading and learning new techniques and it would be an understatement to say that I am a tool freak!!!  I LOVE tools and am a collector of many.

To see some of my works, please visit the Galleria Eclectica at Moseman's Metalwerks in Show Low, AZ or check out my shop at http://www.thebearaffair.etsy.com/.

I live in Green Valley, AZ during the winter months and race up to the mountain of Pinetop, AZ in the cool summer months.

I love hosting jewelry making parties in your home or mine and am always available to host a jewelry party where the hostess can earn money towards many gifts or jewelry items. 

I love my passion of jewelry creation and metalsmithing and hope to take you along on the journey to enjoy my future endeavors.  Hop on and let's get going.

Until the next post - remember:  Don't follow your dreams....chase them!!

You are my inspiration so please leave your comments and suggestions so that I may become a better person.  I promise you that you will make a difference!!

Cheers, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, you are very important to me