Welcome To My World

Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson

Life's Best Recipe for Success

LIVE, LAUGH AND LOVE - IT'S THE BEST WAY TO ENJOY THE RIDE

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Finally made it!!




What a trip. My leg from Phoenix to Philly went smoothly then everything fell apart. For whatever reason, after four hours of waiting my flight to Newburgh was cancelled and I was handed a hotel voucher for the night - mind you it is now 10:30 p.m. Anyway, I had a good nights sleep and was scheduled to go out on a flight at 2:05 p.m. the next day. I found out quite by accident that there was a flight going out at 9:00 a.m. but it was oversold already. I took my chances and was at the airport at 7:00 a.m. and signed up for a standby seat. At this point I was #7 on the list so I felt there was no chance. Being the positive thinker that I am however, I sat right there and waited. It was boarding time and I was getting anxious but figured what would be would be and that was all there was to it. Name after name was called and FINALLY - Sally Hoffman was called out. I jumped to my feet and the girl at the gate just said, "get in there and take whatever seat is left - hurry". I did just that and took the single seat next to the exit row. The flight attendant came down the aisle and asked those of us in the exit rows if we agreed to follow the directions on the door if need be......I looked him straight in the eye and said, "you've got the right girl here if you need me - I can remove that door and exit in a heartbeat!" He chuckled and went on his merry way. The flight was short, only 30 minutes, and my son David was waiting at the gate...what a wonderful sight indeed. I am having such a wonderful time with my 6 month old grand daughter. What a beautiful baby she is. She just smiles all of the time and is almost maintenance free. Grandma has fed, clothed, played patty cake and changed the ultimate heavy load since arrival and I am loving every minute of it. Wish I lived closer so I could enjoy her more often. Of course don't get me wrong, I am also enjoying her parents just as much and I am very proud of them and all of their accomplishments - especially their baby girl and the newest sibling in the tummy at this time. The newest addition is scheduled to arrive in September - one year apart. Wow, are Mom and Dad going to be busy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sally! I finally got onto your blog via Firefox, DH set it up. He isn't sure why I continue to get that error message!
    Your granddaughter is off the charts cute! Look at those teefs!
    Amazing that you were only 30 mins in flight from PA to VA. Good for you for getting in there and I must say, you are brave, when asked to be by the exit door I freely admit what a wimp I am.
    Gorgeous day in the area isn't it? Are you still coming over on Wed.? Should I pick you op? Are you getting a ride? What's going on! :P
    We could also skip the whole studio thing and meet for lunch and a wine! :O) tee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and I wish I could sneek her home with me:> I am planning to come over your way with my daughter in law on Wednesday. What time? If you would be in the Arlington area we could meet you some place in that area or we could come meet you at your house and go from there - either or would be good for me. Let me know what works and I'll see you then. I leave tomorrow on the 8:55 train out of Poukepsie/NYC/DC arriving at 2:55. Should be a good trip. See you soon. PS - the video thing is up to you but we could do both if you want, VLOG/lunch/wine:>}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you are very important to me