Welcome To My World

Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson

Life's Best Recipe for Success

LIVE, LAUGH AND LOVE - IT'S THE BEST WAY TO ENJOY THE RIDE

Monday, July 20, 2009

First Flights-www.jillrutanhoffman.com

Check out this website....Our daughter-in-law, Jill Rutan Hoffman, recently published her second book and it is wonderful. We are all so proud of her. If you love flying, and who doesn't, you will love these stories. Many of them keep you on the edge of your seat wondering how they will end. Jill and I are both wives of Air Force Test Pilots and we have lived through some pretty exciting times. I'm sure that we weren't always told the "whole story" by our husbands, but sometimes that was a good thing. I encourage you to purchase and read this fantastic book and if you have children who are interested in aviation, perhaps they could someday be reliving some of these stories.

I've been busy cleaning the Pinetop home this week and will soon be sitting down in my studio to solder away. I want to finish some earrings I'm making for a friend and then I will be starting a cuff bracelet. I am waiting for my silver order as I type so maybe it will arrive tomorrow and I can begin.

The weather up here is delightful. It is certainly better than the 112 degrees we suffered through in Green Valley last week - whew!! I don't know how people can stand that heat full time.

I guess I've rambled on long enough - not much to report. Have a great week and don't forget to check out Jill's blog at www.jillrutanhoffman.com. Cheers, Sally

3 comments:

  1. I would love to buy your daughter-in-law's book- I am an aspiring writer, and I love to hear about other's who actually get published- SO exciting! Congrats to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, she will appreciate your purchase:>} She struggled and can probably give you some good heads up advise. Thanks for reading my blog and have a great evening. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to have an author in the family. I am waiting for a silver order also; I get so antsy waiting on supplies. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, you are very important to me