Welcome To My World

Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower. ~Hans Christian Anderson

Life's Best Recipe for Success

LIVE, LAUGH AND LOVE - IT'S THE BEST WAY TO ENJOY THE RIDE

Friday, August 20, 2010

Colorado Rockies

On The Road Again....Again


Enjoyed a beautiful day Thursday running errands in and around Santa Fe.....I LOVE this town. Sandy and I took Kitty to the vet for some repair work and she will stay there until we return on Tuesday. She broke a tooth and they need to remove it – animals are expensive to maintain but their unsolicited love in return is worth the price I guess.

We left bright and early today for Denver. 8:30 am is bright and early in my book, although I'd been up and functioning since 5:00 am.. Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I am NOT a morning person. I am a night owl and can work way into the wee hours of the morning with no trouble – until I try to get up in a few hours:O). I always have trouble sleeping the night before any trip for fear that I won't be ready in time. You know how it is....the car is packed the night before, the purse is sitting by the bag of snacks right next to the garage door (inside door of course:O}) and a million things run in and out of your brain all night long. Finally, we drive out of the neighborhood and I fall asleep – no, I'm not the driver on this leg of the trip!!

We just passed through Pueblo, CO so it won't be too much longer before we reach our destination. I think Colorado is so beautiful with her majestic mountains and bright blue skies. My father was transferred from Idaho to Colorado the year I graduated from high school in 1962. I lived in Lakewood, a suburb of Denver, for 2 years. I met my husband, John, at the Air Force Academy in 1963 and we were married in 1964. We enjoyed a wonderful career in the Air Force until his retirement in 1993. Enough about me for now but coming back to Colorado sure brings back some vivid memories of days gone by.

I've been busy lately working on some new designs in copper. It seems like recently, with the cost of silver escalating, that more and more artists are turning to copper as their metal of choice. I have always been fond of copper and have used it in my creations for years – nice that now it is finally becoming popular. My friend, Madeline, and I are working feverishly to prepare an inventory for a trunk show we have been invited to do in November. I am very excited and will keep you posted on our progress. We have been busy etching LOTS of metal and now need to put it all together. Very fun!!

I'll upload some pictures when I return home next week. In the meantime – you all have a great weekend and always remember.......................a smile is worth a thousand words!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, you are very important to me